World At War Variants
v3 Variants of World At War (original map by Sieg)
Version 1.8.0, last update 2020.03.30 for engine 184.108.40.206
Mod done by sneakingcoward.
Suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Game is continuously played by PBEM. Gamers state, that it is one of the best games listed at the depot.
Includes 3 Mods of WAW.
World at War Variant - v3 ... (with Japan as 2 parties Yamamoto and Hisaichi)
World at War Variant - FUEL-AA-Range ... (with Japanese as only 1 combined party)
World at War Variant - vXXX ... (with Japanese as only 1 combined party)
b.) Rough overview:
Detailed description inside game notes, following is a rough overview.
All Variants use v3 rules and include:
- air+sea+land transports, also landing boats, generally proper transport concept
- construction unit
- ability to destroy structures with strategic bombing raid (SBR)
- destroy structures at a retreat
- fighter escorting+intercepting and air battle before normal battle
- battle rounds limit
- multiple hitPoints
- Turn order, which combines axis+allies parties and is therefore perfect for PBEM.
The FUEL-AA-Range mod uses additional:
- "Change unit owners" from Brit&US to Rus&CN and Rus to CN
- Fighter scrambling with radar
- Fighter can also do SBR to train, radar, construction and not intercepted planes
- Fuel consumption for production+movement, incl. refineries
- AntiAir (AA) separated to combat- (hit 1 of 6) and bombing raid- (hit 1 of 12) AA
- Airbase enables full range for planes
The vXXX mod uses additional:
- Slightly modified setup for this variant
- Ships SBR
- Land units SBR
c.) General tips:
Due to the wide range of possibilities its more a game for experienced players (typical rounds 30).
Specially the supply strategy is crucial for this mod with air+sea+land transport units.
The combination of all possible features enables almost a real handling of warfare.
The fuel mod opens a totally new strategy setup. Big unit groups can't move forever, so use your fuel wisely.
Download with TripleA